The windmill is functional and could even grind grains. However, it has become more of a tourist destination and as I heard even a wedding venue! The trip to the Molen de Adriaan plus an earlier visit to another windmill, which I don't know the name at the moment but is also beautiful that I used it as a photo for this blog, has opened my interest on windmills. I heard that there are still around 11 functioning windmills in Haarlem, It will be nice to be visiting them also.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Molen de Adriaan
I was talking with a friend about a beautiful windmill that has a platform that goes around it where you can have a spectacular view of Haarlem and she immediately searched and asked if it was the Windmill de Adriaan. She was right! She wanted more pictures so I thought I'd ride to the area and take some shots...
The windmill is functional and could even grind grains. However, it has become more of a tourist destination and as I heard even a wedding venue! The trip to the Molen de Adriaan plus an earlier visit to another windmill, which I don't know the name at the moment but is also beautiful that I used it as a photo for this blog, has opened my interest on windmills. I heard that there are still around 11 functioning windmills in Haarlem, It will be nice to be visiting them also.
The windmill is functional and could even grind grains. However, it has become more of a tourist destination and as I heard even a wedding venue! The trip to the Molen de Adriaan plus an earlier visit to another windmill, which I don't know the name at the moment but is also beautiful that I used it as a photo for this blog, has opened my interest on windmills. I heard that there are still around 11 functioning windmills in Haarlem, It will be nice to be visiting them also.
Labels:
Haarlem,
molen de adriaan,
molen de adrian,
windmill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment