As you lie alone in your bed tonight
And I in my blue sleeping bag
I'll be lying awake by the glow of the light
That comes when I pull on my fag.
And the pull on the fag that gets it to glow
Reminds me what you are to me,
For you fanned a dead fire and caused it to grow
And the flames now help me to see.
And if there are times when it seems I'm not there
And a loneness creeps into your soul
Don't ever forget that I do really care
For without you I'll never be whole.
So goodnight, my love, and sleep in peace,
May your dreams be filled with love,
And for your presence in my life
I give thanks to God above.
From Aidan
I wrote that Poem almost 20 years ago on going camping to Gartan.
I remembered it when discussing LOVE with a friend. Frances was my first love. I did not know love until I met her.
No comments:
Post a Comment